Every youth deserves a trained leader, and our goal is to have 100% of Grand Canyon Council Scout leaders meeting minimum training requirements for their roles.
- Read our 100% “TRAINED” LEADER TRAINING PLAN (PDF)
- Review the training requirements by position to better understand the online modules you may need to complete, as well as the time requirements. Most leaders can be fully trained over a 2-4 hour period by completing the 5-30 minute long modules one at a time.
- Click here for a step by step guide on how to set up a my.scouting.org training account.
- For additional resources and updated training information go to www.scouting.org/training/
- See also our Youth Training page
- For questions, contact the Council Training Chair: Allyn “AC” Calhoun – email@example.com
New Unit Leaders
Below is a quick summary of what you need to be considered “trained” or view Course Details
What do I do first?
Position-Specific Training can be completed at a training event (see Calendar) or it can be taken online at my.scouting.org
IOLS and Baloo must be taken in person at an overnight training event (see Calendar below).
- Weather Hazards can be taken online at my.scouting.org