R-C Scout Ranch’s Top 5 Questions
Is R-C Scout Ranch Hosting Summer Camp?
Yes! Arizona’s R-C Cub Scout Resident Family Camp will have 4 Regular Family Sessions and 8 Specialty Sessions.
The staff have been working extra hard to ensure that everyone has a great and safe summer stay at camp. The theme this year is Super Scouts, and all the staff are looking forward to seeing all our scouts and families coming in their costumes. (Not required, but highly encouraged). They will be bringing back the infamous Water Games but adding a gigantic slip and slide, up by the dining hall. There will be laughing, fun, and excitement every step of the way.
What Sessions are available?
Sessions start and run from June 4, 2021 through – July 1st, 2021.
Sessions 1 through 4:
- Check-in Fridays at 1pm and check-out Mondays at 9am.
- Activities include shooting sports, rockets, fitness, horses, camp wide games, leatherworking, crawdading, fishing, nature, and campfire.
- Check-in Mondays at 1pm and Check-out Thursdays at 9am.
- Specially sessions focus on the sessions emphasis but still include shooting sports, horse ride, camp games and activities, and campfire programming.
- Specialty sessions include: STEM, Equestrian (2 sessions), Webelos/AOL, New Girl Pack, Space, Craftmanship, and Art.
- Register by May 1 to receive a camp t-shirt and patch!
- Adults participate at camp in all activities alongside their Cub!
- We recommend kids under 5 years old stay home.
- Walk-Ins will not be permitted!
What is the Camp Health plan for COVID-19 safety?
We are implementing enhanced cleaning procedures and additional health screenings. R-C offers 10 campgrounds that will host up to 20 campers per site. These campers will come together to form a den for the duration of their stay at camp and will rotate around with them during their stay. We are also adjusting our dining hall procedures to ensure everyone has a safe and healthy camp experience. You can read more details in the Parents and Leaders Guide. Health and Safety on page 22.
What’s the Price Information and Cancellation Policy?
Registration for camp includes the entire camp program, participant swag, and meals starting with lunch on Day 01, ending with breakfast on Day 04.
$200 Regular sessions 1-4 all campers, youth and adults.
$250 Specialty sessions all campers, youth and adults.
- When registering online, families are able to hold their registration with a deposit of $20 per camper when registering before March 31, 2021.
- Any registrations made after March 31, 2021 will need to be paid in full. All registrations must be paid in full by April 30, 2021.
- Beginning May 1, 2021, campers who register will be ineligible for a camp shirt and will incur a $20 late fee per camper. Registration closes two weeks from session start dates.
- Walk-ins will not be allowed.
Any event canceled by GCC or a district will result in full refunds of all funds paid. In all other cases the following policy will be followed:
Refunds may be given per the Council policy which is as follows:
- 0-10 days out will receive 0% reimbursement.
- 10-30 days out will receive 50% reimbursement.
- 31+ days out will receive 100% reimbursement.
Any deposits paid will be forfeited.
Are Camperships available?
Yes, a limited number of camperships are available to assist Scouts financially who would like to attend R- C summer resident camp, or specialty session; but who, due to financial constraints or hardship, are unable to bear the cost associated with those camps. All Applications must be received in the council office no later than 6 weeks before Camp.
Register online at: https://scoutingevent.com/010-2021rcresidentcamp
Pick your session and enter information as instructed.
Camp Director Nicole and Program Director Jamie
Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 8am and Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 5pm
We are here to answer your questions.
Nicole Johnson – Camp Director
Jamie Tooley – Program Director
Sarah Sokiveta – CIT Director
Email At: RCScoutCamp@gmail.com