Introducing Winter Homecoming on Saturday, February 11, 2023, at the Heard Scout Pueblo. Registration closes Feb. 4, 2023
1. The College of Commissioner Science—The mission of the commissioner is to help units succeed. The CCS is a continuing education experience designed to equip commissioners with the newest training materials and the latest problem-solving techniques. This training is supported by a national syllabus and features a four-year program where participants can earn Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate Degrees. Lunch will be provided. Please make your lunch selections during the registration process and let us know if you have any allergies.
2. Volunteer Teams Annual Conference—This annual conference provides an opportunity for all council-level volunteers to gather, evaluate the previous year, discuss the strategic plan, set goals, and collaborate on future programming. After the Council President provides a strategic overview for 2023, our volunteers will break into the following groups:
- District Chair
- Cub Scout Program
- Scouts BSA Program
- Enterprise Risk Management
Program Support—Aquatics, COPE/Climbing, Fishing, High Adventure, Civic Service, Shooting Sports, Conservation/Outdoor Ethics, First Aid & CPR
Lunch will be provided for the volunteer teams’ conference. Please make your lunch selections during registration and let us know of any allergies.
Volunteer Recognition will start at 12 PM in the Norton Amphitheater.
3. Volunteer Recognition Event—GCC is blessed with amazing volunteers who generously offer their time to support the Scouting program and inspire the next generation of leaders. Please join us in recognizing the previous year’s Meritorious Star, Silver Beaver, North Star, and Distinguished Star recipients.
4. Camp Card Distribution— Come pick up Camp Cards for your unit in the Heard Scout Pueblo parking lot, from 1pm to 4pm. Please register so we can prepare the cards for distribution.