Grand Canyon Council - COVID-19
As always, the safety of our Scouts, volunteers, employees and communities is our top priority.
We expect that everyone in Scouting will follow the guidelines listed below, which are based on the CDC’s guidance:
• Isolate if you are sick, and do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you, anyone you live with, or anyone you have recently been around feels unwell.
• Stay at least 6 feet apart from people who do not live with you. (properly executed Scouting cohorts at council camps may be an exception).
• Avoid crowds.
• Avoid poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
• Meet outside if you can.
• Wear a face covering or mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid international travel if possible.
• Do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you or anyone you live with has been tested for COVID-19 or another illness and do not have the results back yet.
District and Council events should be planned using the information found in the COVID Playbook, Pre-event Medical Screening Checklist, and GCC-COVID 19-Warning-and-Waiver. Specific communications and instructions will be developed for each program.
Units should consult with their chartered partners and implement appropriate protocols to help keep its members safe. We recommend using “Restart Scouting Checklist” and Pre-event Medical Screening Checklist.
Until further notice, we will continue to require face masks of visitors and employees at the Dave Alexander Scout Service Center (8840 E. Chaparral Rd., Ste., 200, Scottsdale, AZ 85250). While the Service Center is open to the public, most Scouters have found they can successfully handle all Scouting business via the internet, email, and telephone.