Important Dates - The 2021 Sale
- ASAP – Units reserve Camp Cards through this form.
- Feb. 11 – Camp Card Kickoff (Zoom, 6:30pm)
- Feb. 11 – Storefront registration opens for Fry’s and San Tan Bikes
- March 4 – Camp Cards available at District Round Tables or through arrangements with your District Executive to deliver cards.
- March 26-28 – Fry’s Storefront Weekend
- March 30 – Recommended Unit checkpoint date. Scouts confirm sales and return monies to unit leaders; units check out additional cards or return excess cards as necessary.
- April 30 – recommended date that units gather all cards and money
- May 6 – Units return cards and Council’s portion of money to your District Executive.
- May 14 – Grace period ends: Units charged for each outstanding card.
How the Camp Card Sale Works
The Camp Card fundraiser is designed to assist scouts in fundraising for their Scouting activities, while reducing out of pocket costs for their families. Each camp card contains deals and discounts from local businesses, which the scouts sell for $10.00 while earning a 50% commission!
There is no cost to participate. Units may check out any number of cards that they aim to sell, and may return all unsold, undamaged cards without penalty as long as it is at Council before May 14th.
Units immediately keep their 50% commission from each card sold; the remaining revenue from Camp Card sales is returned to Council to support camp programs and scholarships- keeping camping fees low, allowing for upgrades to our facilities, and affording Scouts the opportunity to experience summer camp!
New for 2021 – We will have five variants of the camp card with regional offers included, providing benefits to serve your community! West-Phoenix Metro, East-Phoenix Metro, Flagstaff, Prescott, and Scottsdale regional cards are planned.
Scouts will receive a 50% commission for each $10 camp card sold, an increase from 35% in years past.
The 2021 Camp Card
WE’RE SELLING CAMP,
NOT JUST A DISCOUNT CARD!
Our families understand that they are selling character, a better community through Scouting, and the benefits of Scouting summer camp; they are not just selling discount cards.
Your scout, as well as the Scouting community, benefits from these programs!
Emphasize to each customer that each card sold helps Scouts go to camp, build character, and enriches their lives. The reason our sale will be successful is that people want to support Scouting!
Many scouts sell camp cards in front of community businesses in addition to door to door sales. It is the Unit/Scout responsibility to check with store management to arrange sales. Click here for a template letter to request a storefront on behalf of your unit. You may arrange your own storefront sales at your school, house of worship, local businesses, or any other safe location that you Scout is able to sell Camp Cards at. We advise that you speak to your local businesses, venues, churches, and other supporting organizations in your community about the possibility of supporting Scout fundraisers.
In 2021, many community businesses which we have traditionally partnered with are unable to offer storefronts or may only offer limited availability due to risk management and Covid-19’s continued effects.
Council organized storefronts will open at 7:30PM on Feb. 11th, right after our virtual kickoff.
- Fry’s Food Stores – March 26-28.
- Please bring this approval letter with you to your Fry’s sales.
- San Tan Bikes – Saturdays from 10am to 6pm.
We encourage units to organize additional storefront opportunities within their community. All units must abide by the Storefront Code of Conduct linked here.
Commission and Incentives
Scouts will receive a 50% commission for each $10 camp card sold, an increase from 35% in years past.
How Do I Acquire Camp Cards?
Camp Cards will be available at your March District Round Table meeting. You may also coordinate with your District Executive to have them deliver or exchange cards with your unit leadership. To sign up for the sale or acquire cards, visit the Grand Canyon Council in person or contact your District Executive.
We encourage units to first determine the number of cards that their Scouts will commit to sell, then check out cards commensurate with their goals and Scout participation. Please do not hold excess cards which you do not intend to sell; additional cards may be picked up at any time from the Council Service center or though your District Executive!
Camp Card Kickoff
This year’s Camp Card kickoff occurred on February 11th, you may watch the video to the left!
BSA Fundraising Selling Guidelines
- Please visit www.grandcanyonbsa.org/fundraising for fundraising guidelines.
- Camp Cards and Popcorn sales are the only two council approved fundraisers; they alone do not require submission of the Money Earning Guideline.
- Direct solicitation by leaders or youth members of cash donations from community businesses, individuals, service organizations, etc., are not allowed. Units raise their needed funds through approved product sales and fundraising events, payments from member dues, and family support.
- Revenue from sales can be returned to Grand Canyon Council offices at any time throughout the campaign. For each card sold, units keep $5.00 and are responsible for returning the remaining $5.00 in revenue to council.
All unsold, undamaged cards can be returned to Grand Canyon Council offices at any time throughout the campaign or at the end of the campaign. If you do not expect to sell all cards in your unit’s possession, please return what you can so that we can support other units who may need cards.
Any returned cards MUST be in new condition (with unbroken snap off discounts). We cannot accept returns of any cards that have been damaged. Be sure Scouts and parents treat each card as if it were a $10.00 bill!
Camp Cards for a Cause - Supporting Educators in 2021!
In a traditional Spring, the Camp Card fundraiser helps Scouts gather support for their summer activities and supplement their Scouting program expenses across the year. This year is anything but traditional; Scouts have met a rather untimely obstacle with Covid-19, which has prevented storefront sales, door to door sales in their neighborhoods, and from delivering camp cards to family and friends. Grand Canyon Council is excited to announce that we have created an online portal to allow Scouts to promote their Camp Card fundraiser and solicit donations, while continuing to maintain safe social distancing.
Between now and May 30th, Grand Canyon Council Scouts may register online to participate in “Camp Cards for a Cause”. Like our traditional Camp Cards, Scout units will earn a 50% commission for donations collected throughout this online fundraiser. Units and Scouts will not have to mail or deliver any cards themselves, Council will be happy to handle the responsibility of distributing cards to essential workers within our community! All a Scout needs to do is promote the fundraiser, and ask for support from family, friends, loved ones, and neighbors.
Not only will donations support the Scout who has asked for support, but these donations will also support the Grand Canyon Council in delivering Scouting to youth across Arizona, they will encourage support for the local businesses and franchises featured on our Camp Cards, and it will benefit the educators across our communities who could use a little thank you for their support!
Any Scout or unit, regardless of prior participation, may take part in Camp Cards for a Cause. There is no need to check out cards, no financial risk, and no obligations to time commitment. Scouts may fund raise as little or as much as they would like, from the safety of their own home!
Scouts may go to this site to create their online portal. Once a profile is set up, they may begin to share their link through email, their parents’ social media, or via messages to family and friends. Fundraising portals will be open until May 30th, allowing Scouts the ability to work on fundraising and supporting causes while Scouting from home! Beginning early July, funds will be distributed to unit accounts.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Program Director Matthew.Graham@Scouting.org!
Camp Card Champions,
To create your unit’s team page:
- Go to https://grandcanyonbsa.salsalabs.org/campcardsforacause2021/index.html
- Click the “Start your Fundraiser Page here!” button. Enter in all the information – be sure to enter your information as a leader; you can name it your Scout’s page when you modify your personal page if you choose so. The “next” button will appear when you have completed everything that needs to be filled out. Make sure you create your “team” page while registering if your unit’s team has not already been created.
- On the Fundraiser Details tab – you can continue with Facebook OR create an account. We strongly recommend you continue with Facebook to use it as an easy way to promote your fundraising page. When you connect it to Facebook, it will take your profile picture and add it to your picture on your fundraising page. Here is also where you can set your own personal goal.
- The Summary tab of this registration is a good way to check what you have written is correct! When you hit Go to Checkout, you have one more opportunity to check over what is written and add any additional information.
Once your account is created, your fundraising page is automatically created for you. You should receive an email for verification.
Personalizing your Scouts Camp Cards for a Cause Page:
- Go to this page to log in.
- Once you’re logged in, you should see your goal on the dashboard and how far you have progressed. You may also change your goal by clicking the pen by your goal!
- The “Post Update” tab is used as a status updater on your campaign. You can choose to post it to Facebook or Twitter along with just posting it on your wall!
- The “Edit Page” tab is where you can make your page personal! Tell your own camp story by adding to the My Story section. This is also the page where you can change your page name/ team. To view all the changes and the layout simply click View Page!
- Donations tab is the section where you can see all the supporters who have donated! This is a great tool for thanking your friends and family for donating to impact your life and the lives of many others! (Many of these donors would probably appreciate a direct call or letter of thank you!)
Teams Page Modifications:
- Much like the Fundraiser Page, there will be a team page tab for the person who originally created the team. We recommend that the Camp Card Champion be the Team admin!
- On the Teams Page, make sure to edit the page (done just like the fundraiser page modification), because we have written quite a few notes to give you an idea of what to place on the page!
SALES END May 6th with all balances due
The hard deadline for settling balances and returns in May 14th, at which point the unit will be charged for all outstanding cards.
Any cards (lost, misplaced, damaged etc.) not returned to Council by May 14th will be considered sold, and will be charged to the unit account.
It is the unit Camp Card Chair’s sole responsibility to ensure that they return their cards and monies by the end of the sales period.