Camp Geronimo is seeking a full-time Camp Cook for Summer Contract
This is a full-time entry level position at Camp Geronimo. Camp Geronimo is located north of Payson in the shadows of the magnificent Mogollon Rim on nearly 200 acres of forest and meadows.
- Contract – Summer
- Payson, AZ
- $18.00+/Hour + End of Contract Bonus
Responsible for preparing, serving food, and clean up for meals and special events in Grand Canyon Council, BSA food service operation under the leadership of the Kitchen Coordinator/Lead at Camp Geronimo or R-C Scout Camp.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Must be over 16 years old (18 preferred)
- Must possess the desire to work in a camp kitchen.
- Those over 18:
- Must be able to use kitchen equipment safely and according to manufacturer’s requirements, along with the ability to assess the condition of food.
Consider Grand Canyon Council, BSA
Want more information? Contact Greg Harmon, Director of Support Services, at 540-529-5985.
- Functions as a general, all-around cook for meals and special events.
- Implements menus, which are developed with each type of group and budget in mind.
- Implements a quality control program that provides all groups with the highest quality of meal service within given cost constraints.
- Assists in food preparation, service and clean up.
- Assists in the entire health and safety of the food service operation.
- Monitors supplies and notifies supervisor when supplies are low.
- Helps unload and store supplies.
- Hand washes pots and pans according to Health Department Guidelines.
- Washes and stores dishes according to Health Department Guidelines.
- Assists in all aspects of kitchen and dining hall cleanliness, including storage areas and refrigeration units.
- May be required to drive a Camp vehicle to serve food at other buildings and properties.
- Assists participants with any special dietary needs or requests.
- Provides exemplary service to all participants in the facility and respond to their needs in a timely and polite manner.
- Works cooperatively with all program staff, directors, vendors, and guests to best meet the needs of all staff and participants.
- Constantly assists with attaining the entire facility’s goals of cleanliness and excellent first impression.
- Provides outstanding food quality and service to our guests.
- Assists in all aspects of safety in food service areas.
- Communicates to Kitchen Operations Director and/or Food Service Coordinator any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Grand Canyon Council employs Scouting professionals to camp staff. If you are looking for employment in the non-profit industry, consider Grand Canyon Council, BSA. Want more information? Contact Greg Harmon, Director of Support Services, at 540-529-5985 today!