May 2021 COVID Update: Our response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
May 17, 2021
Grand Canyon Council Scouters,
Last week the Centers for Disease Control updated their guidance related to COVID-19 and we are seeing where local stores, companies, and school systems are updating their policies as a result.
At this time, our council’s approach to COVID-19 will remain largely unchanged:
- Continue to coordinate with your charter organization. Review national, state, and your local community’s public health guidance and do what works best for your unit and its families.
- As you have discussions and take actions within your unit, remember that not all families may agree your unit’s actions but as Scouts we are courteous, kind, and friendly.
- District meetings (District Committee, Commissioner, and Roundtable) will continue virtually using Zoom.
- District activities will continue to follow COVID-19 protocols that are posted on our website.
- Eagle Scout Boards of Review – we still recommend virtual boards of review but allow in-person at the request and convenience of the Eagle Scout candidate. If boards of review occur in person, local guidelines should be followed.
- The Dave Alexander Scout Service Center is located on the Salt River Pima Indian Reservation, which has not changed masking policy. Thus, masks are still required when visiting the Service Center.
- Camps and activities will continue, following our previously-communicated COVID-19 protocols.
We’ll continue to update you as conditions change.