STEM in Scouting with the BSA STEM Nova Program
Join us for this unique event led in conjunction with the National STEM in Scouting Committee!
Find out about the STEM in Scouting and the BSA STEM Nova program
- Learn how to help scouts earn Nova and Supernova awards
- Become a trained Nova Counselor and Supernova Mentor
- Gain experience conducting STEM experiments and demonstrations
- Share ideas with others interested in STEM and Scouting
The camp is 8.1 miles from Sky Harbor International Airport.
11-04-2020 11:59 PM
When and Where
November 6-8, 2020 (Starts Friday 7PM, ends by Noon on Sunday)
1901 E Dobbins Rd
Phoenix, Arizona 85042
Fee: $50 per person deposit holds your spot
$150 – Total Regular Fee if paid after August 31, 2020.
Includes: course materials, meals, sleeping on-site (bunk house or campsite) and patch.
- BSA STEM Nova History & Purpose
- Overview of Nova Awards Program / Award administration
- Implementation of STEM into the Council & District
- Implementation of STEM into the Unit
- Training for Counselors and Mentors
- STEM Safety
- Great STEM activities
- STEM Training ideas
- STEM in Camp
- Roadblocks, Resources, Recruitment and Recognition
- Many Hands-on activities
I would like to also invite anyone to join in on our monthly STEM Committee Meetings. Your ideas and voice is welcome and encouraged. The meetings are held via Zoom Meeting on the 3rd Tuesday at 6:30. Please drop me a note if you would like to join us and I will send you the ZOOM link. A couple of other notes to highlight once again are:
1. The NOVA Award Application is on our STEM Web page and we are starting to see some districts sending in these forms to allow us to track our Nova Award progress. Details are explained in an instructions document found on that web page.
2. Our STEM Leader Training is on track for Nov 6-8, 2020. This training is for any adults interested in learning more about STEM in Scouts and the role of Nova Counselors and Supernova Mentors. Please don’t be shy about signing up, the more the merrier, and with the National STEM team coming in to do the training, I know it is going to be extremely fun and worthwhile! – Rich Gomez, Council STEM Chair