Process ranks and awards for packs, troops, teams, crews, and ships
This process is not compatible with Windows 8 or Internet Explorer 10
Instructions for makeing Internet Advancement work with Internet Explorer 10
- On the keyboard push the “Alt” key. This will bring up a toolbar at the top of the screen, some computers may already have this toolbar up.
- Then click on the tab labeled “tools”.
- Scroll down to “compatibility view settings” and click on that
- It will bring up a window, click on the box that says “display all websites in compatibility view” and it will work.
Click here for visual
Units can now submit advancement for unit youth members online. Use Internet Advancement for the following:
To use Internet Advancement:
Select the unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Obtain a unit ID code from the council. Available through your District Executive.
Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
Click Internet Advancement on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it to the council. Save a copy for your files.
Units should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update your unit and council statistics.
Uploading Information from TroopMaster/PackMaster
The following instructions are general, please refer to your specific software vendor for more specific information.
First you will need to make sure that the names and the birthdates match what we have in scoutnet. Please do not use nicknames or initials. If there are any corrections you will need to call or come in and have them fixed. If you have a troop, team and crew in your troopmaster you will need to flag each scouts advancement.
To make a file for upload
- Go in to TroopMaster
- Go to reports
- Under reports go to Advancement and Awards
- Go to Court of Honor/4403
- Select a start date that will cover all of your advancement records. This will be for the first time only. Enter the end date as today’s date. You will need to put in a date for awards needed.
- MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS A BLACK DOT ON SCOUTNET REPORT. This is under 4403 Options
- Click Ok
- Then you will be able to review the report. At the top of the report click on the disk icon to save the report.
- After you click the icon you will have four file format options that you can choose from.
- Make sure you pick the option that says SCOUTNET… (*.csv)
- Select a place on your computer that you can save this report to where you will be able to locate it again. I like the desk top.
- Once you have saved the file it should be in this format ADVXXXXX. (XXXX will be replaced with your unit number) If it is not then it will not work. Make sure you have followed all the steps above.
- Now you can go to the Internet Advancement website and upload this file.
After you have finished submitting your report for the first time you will be able to create upload files using the end and start date in TroopMaster. You will just change the dates on the report and follow the steps above.
Download advancement file from eTrailToEagle.com
- Visit our new Court of Honor page
- We have added a new column called ScoutNET. Any award that doesn’t have a check in the ScoutNET column will be considered for inclusion in the download file.
- When you records looks accurate, click on the new Internet Advancement Tab
- Select a Unit Type
- Enter your Troop, Team or Crew number. This number must be 4 digits. If your Troop number is 849, make sure you enter 0849.
- Enter a Start Date. Note: this will bring back all records that don’t have a check in the ScoutNET column starting on the date you select.
- Click “Display Report”
- Review the list of awards that will be included in your download file
- Once the list has been reviewed, click the Download ScoutNET File
- Save this file in a location where you can get to it later. Don’t open the file in Excel and then save it. Just save it to your Downloads folder. If you open and save the file using Excel, it will render the file invalid when you try to upload it to the BSA.
We recommend that you leave this browser tab open while you complete the next step.
Improvements to the Internet Rechartering system were made in August, 2006. They include:
- Unit Roster. The Unit Roster available in Internet Advancement will now list the Tiger Cub Adult roster, if Tiger Cubs are registered in the pack.
- Membership Cards. This new feature allows units to open a PDF file showing each person in the unit with a paid registration in that unit. This is only a temporary membership card and does not replace the official card issued by the council. The card format contains the member person ID.
- Unit-Management Software. Units can now upload unit advancement files produced from unit-management software (PackMaster/TroopMaster, Rank N’ File, Scoutmate, and ScoutSoft). The Review Advancement Report feature allows you to view the results of the upload. If the file contains records for members not registered, that data will not appear. If the file contains records for items not in the rank or merit badge pick lists, that data will not appear in Review Advancement Report.
- New Look. A new look was introduced for Internet Advancement to make it consistent with the other Internet Unit Services.
- Unit Awards Summary. Adjustments were made to alignment of the headers in the Unit Awards Summary, which is part of the Advancement Report Package.
- Webelos Activity Badges. The pick list for Cub Scout packs now shows Webelos Scout Activity Badges.
- Ranks Based on Sequence. The member ranks that populate in the Unit Roster will appear based on sequence, as appropriate, instead of being based only on the date earned.
- Unit Order Form. A new form allows units to create a list of rank, merit badge, and award items for purchase in support of the unit advancement program. This feature is for customer convenience and does not connect to e-Commerce or any online ordering site. Councils will instruct units on ordering procedures. The form allows the user to enter quantities, extend prices based on quantity, obtain subtotal cost, print either a limited or full listing, and save quantities entered for future use. Items and prices in the form are subject to change without notice.
- Record Achievements in PAS. Changes were made to Record Achievements so that ranks and merit badges submitted from Internet Advancement are grouped by unit by month, item, and quantity for each submitted report. Fewer rows will be used to summarize the statistics for each report submitted.