LAW & GOVERNMENT EXPLORING!
Law & Government Career Exploring is open to young men and women ages 14 (and completed the 8th grade) and not yet 21 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the fields of Law & Government.
Law & Government Exploring is a hands-on program that exposes participants to many career opportunities.
The most popular Law & Government Exploring careers include:
- Attorney / Lawyer
- Military careers
- Paralegal assistant
- Urban Planner
You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to serve as a prosecuting and defense attorney; conduct legal research vital to the success of a case; meet with sitting judges who interpret the law every day; visit inmates in a jail; participate in a mock trial competition; run a military obstacle course; make decisions for a city or state government; practice some of the several hundred military skills; and much more…
You will develop:
- work experiences to begin building your resume’
- important leadership skills
- an understanding of the importance of teamwork in a professional setting
You will have an opportunity to participate in hands-on projects to give you a real feel for whether this career is the right one for you.
You will have an opportunity to network with professionals who work in these careers every day – they are using the latest technology, they are aware of emerging trends, they know what it takes to get into college for their specific career.
You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Law & Government and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of Law & Government
Law & Government Career Exploring will provide you with the following benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College & Career Readiness preparation
When do meetings take place?
Law & Government Career Exploring posts typically meet on a monthly basis during the school year. Most programs parallel the high school calendar and begin in the fall. There are a number of programs that start at other times during the year to meet the needs of the host organization and participants. Programs are flexible enough to fit in with other activities.
The Law & Government Career Exploring program is very affordable with participation fees ranging from $15 to $25 per year. Special activities, events and conferences may cost more and would be determined by the local Exploring post.
How can I join?
Participation is easy:
- Determine the career or careers in which you are interested.
- Click HERE to request information about local Career Exploring Posts in those career fields.
- The local post Advisor will then be in touch with you regarding upcoming meetings
- Attend a meeting or activity
- Fill out the Youth Participation Form and pay the Participation Fee