The Jim Brinkerhoff Coronado District Triathlon is the largest Varsity Scout event in the nation! With over 1,500 participants and the capacity for 2000, this 75 yard swim, 6 mile bike, and 1.6 mile run is a seamless activity with high tech timing chips. Young people as well as adults are destined to have a great time!
This two day event features a dance on Friday Night. Camp site is available for those wishing to camp overnight. The following morning the race begins at 7 AM, and because of the high tech timing chips, everyone will be finished before 11 AM!!! This is a fantastic way for Varsity Scouts to earn their triathlon pins (which will be available for purchase), scouts to earn other requirements, or just a fun activity for ANYONE!
The 2015 Triathlon will be held on April 17-18, 2015 in Pima AZ
Please reserve and share this date with any young men or young women’s groups that may have an interest in this exciting and fun activity. Scouts and non-scouts, men and women, old and young--ALL ARE WELCOME!!
Race Check-In & Dance:
Friday, April 17th from 5:00-9:30 PM
Location: 49 West 100 South, Pima AZ
(Yellow LDS Church on Hwy 70)
Your start time will be given out at check-in, along with a race packet for each racer. The packet will have maps, FAQ's, bib number, labels and a bike card.
- Body marking is required for the race.
- Body marking will be done Friday night to speed your morning start time.
- We have added a shirt exchange past body marking for shirts that don't fit.
- Have all youth dress modest for the dance.
- All youth must follow our code of conduct for the dance.
- The dance is located in the parking lot of the church.
- The dance starts at 6:00PM and is over at 9:30 PM.
- No camp fires on the ground at the camp site. Raised fire pits are permitted.
- All racers must have a bike helmet!!!
- Show up 5 minutes before your start time on Saturday.
Race times start at 7am on Saturday, April 18th
Race Location: Dan Hinton School, 150 West 400 South, Pima, AZ
Click here for complete Athlete Informational Packet
Click here to see 2014 Triathlon video
Click here for the Venue map
Click here for the race course map
**Click here to print release form so we can use your photos/videos taken during the race (form needs to be signed by parental guardian and returned at check in on Friday)
CLICK BELOW TO REGISTER!