2014 Scouting for Food Drive
February 1, 2014
A Cub Scout promises to "give goodwill" and a Boy Scout promises "to help other people at all times." There is no better way to show our Scouting Spirit than by participating in the annual Scouting for Food drive! Now is the time to show our community the Scouting values of being loyal, helpful, kind and cheerful.
Scouting for Food is scheduled for February 1, 2014, when Scouts throughout the Grand Canyon Council help make a difference to fight hunger. Scouting for Food is the leading service program for Boy Scouts of America and is a part of the national BSA program - Good Turn for America. In partnership with local foo this council-wide service project begins Saturday, January 25th as Scouts distribute door hangers in their neighborhoods to announce the upcoming food drive. Scouts return the following Saturday, February 1st to pick up and deliver donations to their local food banks and pantries.
All participating Scouts will receive a 2014 Scouting for Food patch after the event by completing the "Unit Score Card" and returing the document to your District Scouting for Food Chair or District Executive.
How Can Your Unit Help Make a Difference?
To learn more about hunger in our area, visiting the St. Mary's Food Bank and United Food Bank websites.
- Register your unit to participate.
- Follow the tips and instructions found below.
- Attend your January Roundtable to pick up your unit's supply of door hangers. If you are unable to attend Roundtable and still would like to collect your door hangers, please contact your District Executive or stop by the Council Service Center.
- January 25 and February 1 are the door hanger drop off and food pick-up days.
What items are most needed in our community? See what a "perfect bag" might look like.
Last year, Scouts collected 250,000 pounds of food for multiple shelters across Arizona.
This year we would like to double that amount.
Scouting for Food is just one way the Boy Scouts of America works to improve communities across the nation.
Local food banks need your help every year!
• Door hangers will be distributed the week of January 25th to January 31st.
• Place your bags outside your household door on February 1st between 8:00am and 12:00 Noon
• Non-perishable foods: canned and boxed items (please, no glass)
For more information please call Rob Richey at
(602) 955-7747 or email: email@example.com